In 1864, Emile Aubert established a workshop near Mirecourt, France, on the banks of the Madon river. During those initial years, the workshop's machinery was run using power from a water wheel and the special tools used to craft the first Aubert bridges were all made by the workshop's own employees. Even at the time, the company was remarkable because of its emphasis on quality and its efforts to collaborate with instrument makers and musicians to constantly improve the performance of its bridges.
Louis Jeandel, grandson of Emile Aubert and director of the company from 1922
to 1984, played a major role in making Aubert what it is today. He significantly
improved the tools and methods used to produce the bridges and helped the
company survive the crisis facing the stringed instrument industry during the Great
Depression. In 1984, the company expanded again and began making instruments.
The employees at Aubert are as focused on upholding their company's tradition and
quality today as they were over one hundred years ago. From the careful selection of
trees from managed forests to the final inspection of the perfectly crafted bridges,
the main concerns of each worker are still the same - to produce the highest quality
bridges in the world.
Copyright © 2013 DICTUM GmbH.